DUI Crash Attorney in Charleston, SC

The Charleston, SC drunk driving wreck/ DUI crash attorney at the Boles Law Firm helps DUI crash victims recover full and fair compensation for their injuries and help the families of those killed by drunk drivers to hold the drunk driver accountable for wrongful death.

When someone chooses to get behind the wheel after they have been drinking or using drugs, they are already negligent before they commit the first traffic violation. That negligence leads to senseless injuries, property damage, and deaths on US highways every day.

The damage caused by a drunk driver is only worse when the crash victim is on a motorcycle

If you are someone whose life has been changed by a drunk driver, your DUI crash attorney at the Boles Law Firm will do all we can to help you recover full and fair compensation through settlement or trial.

DUI accident lawyers in Charleston SC dram shop attorneys drunk driving accident

Dram Shop Attorney in Charleston, SC


The Charleston, SC DUI crash attorney and dram shop lawyer at the Boles Law Firm helps DUI crash victims recover damages not only from the drunk driver but, whenever possible, from the establishment that served them.

If a bar, restaurant, or other establishment serves alcohol to 1) a minor, or 2) a person who is already intoxicated, the establishment’s actions are negligent and they are responsible for the damage caused if their patron then crashes a car or otherwise injures or kills someone because they are drunk.

Our attorney may be able to help you recover full and fair compensation both in a lawsuit against the drunk driver who caused the crash and in a dram shop action against the business that served them.

FAQ for Drunk Driving Crash Attorney in Charleston, SC

How do I prove that the other driver was drunk?

In most cases, the responding officer’s report will document the other driver’s intoxication, and they will be charged with DUI or felony DUI if there was great bodily injury or death.

If they are convicted of DUI or felony DUI, their conviction will be admissible in your DUI wreck trial. If they are not convicted, we may still be able to prove their intoxication through chemical tests and witness testimony.

What kind of compensation am I entitled to after a DUI crash?

When a drunk driver causes a collision, they are responsible for the damage that they caused, and you are entitled to:

  • Medical expenses – both current and future expenses, including hospital bills, doctor bills, emergency transport, medications, medical equipment, physical rehab, and all medical costs that were a result of the accident,
  • Lost wages – lost income due to the injuries and loss of future income when there is a lost earning capacity due to disability caused by the crash,
  • Property damage – to the motorcycle or any other property that was damaged,
  • Future care – including the costs of long-term care when needed,
  • Disfigurement and scarring,
  • Funeral expenses when there is a wrongful death,
  • Pain and suffering,
  • Emotional distress,
  • Loss of society and companionship,
  • Loss of consortium, and
  • Punitive damages –there is no cap on punitive damages in SC when the at-fault driver was convicted of a felony related to the crash or when they were intoxicated at the time of the crash.

Will the drunk driver who hit me go to prison?

If the other driver is charged with felony DUI, there is a very good chance they will serve prison time once they have been convicted.

We will monitor the developments in their criminal case to keep you informed. You have the right to be informed by their prosecutor at every step of the proceeding, the solicitor’s office should not make any decisions in their criminal case without first consulting you, and you have the right to speak to the court at the sentencing hearing in the criminal case.

Does your firm handle wrongful death drunk driving wreck cases?

We handle all types of DUI crash cases for our clients, including wrongful death and survival actions that we file on behalf of a DUI accident victim’s family.

If your loved one was killed by a drunk driver, we will meet with the personal representative of the estate to advise you on your next steps, answer your questions, and help you to get the maximum compensation allowable under SC law and to hold the drunk driver accountable for their actions.

What if the drunk driver didn’t have insurance?

If the drunk driver did not have insurance, we will look for all possible sources of recovery which may include your own uninsured and underinsured policies, any umbrella policies that may cover the incident, and any third parties who may be liable for the crash.

Can we get punitive damages against the drunk driver?

A jury can award punitive damages any time a defendant’s conduct was willful, wanton, or reckless – which includes a person’s conduct in choosing to drive while intoxicated. In SC, there are no caps on punitive damages when the defendant is 1) convicted of a felony offense related to the crash (like felony DUI) or 2) intoxicated on alcohol or drugs at the time of the crash.

criminal defense attorneys in charleston sc personal injury civil rights police misconduct
Talk to an Attorney

Call now at (843) 576-5775 or send us a message through our website to set up a consultation to discuss your case.